Black Dog Yoga Teacher Training
Legendary Teacher Training programs at both Level 1 (200-hours) and Level 2 (300-hours).
Join our growing pool of alumni. Some of the most successful teachers in LA got their start right here at Black Dog Yoga!
Interested in deepening your yoga practice, achieving profound personal growth and becoming a well-rounded yoga teacher with confidence and poise?
Black Dog Yoga’s Teacher Training program is geared to nurturing your unique strengths – helping you develop into the best teacher you can be. A perfect mix of playfulness and a serious approach to theory and technique, our program encourages you to build a practice that fits who you are and where you are in your life now.
Our well-rounded curriculum covers the physical aspects – learning precise alignment and safe teaching of the poses – as well as yoga philosophy and the energetic anatomy system. If you’d like to pursue a teaching career, our program meets all the requirements of the Yoga Alliance. On completion, you will qualify for the 200-hour RYT certification.
200-Hour Teacher Training
March 4 – May 8
Weekend Sessions Friday nights, Saturday and Sundays.
Whether you are interested in deepening your understanding of yoga and your own personal practice, or you wish to teach yoga, this program provides a complete overview of how and why yoga works.
Our program meets all Yoga Alliance requirements with a well-balanced curriculum covering the physical aspects of yoga as well as philosophy and anatomy.
· Different styles of asana practice
· Breakdown and analysis of the poses
· Yoga philosophy and Yoga Sutras
· The Chakra system and how to balance it
· Pranayama and bandhas
· Anatomy of the body as it relates to the yoga practice
· Practice teaching with feedback
· Adjustments and spotting
· Sequencing and themes
· Business of yoga
· Unlimited yoga at Black Dog Yoga during the training session.
· Opportunity to assist classes at Black Dog Yoga upon completion of the 200 hour training
PRICE: $2,650 early bird, $2,850 After February 1
300-Hour Teacher Training
Ongoing – Enroll any time
2 weekend immersions each month
Serious about advancing your career as a yoga professional? Our comprehensive 300-hour Professional Level Program qualifies you for Yoga Alliance Registration at the 500-hour level. Our 300-hour training program includes an in-depth study of philosophy, anatomy, yoga practicum, Sanskrit, energetic anatomy and yoga therapeutics.
Specialty Modules Include:
· Anatomy Academy (physical and subtle body)
· 50-hour Yoga and Thai Massage with Elyse Briggs
· 50-hour Fit Flow with Bryce Yoga’s Dice Iida-Klein and Briohny Smyth
· 20-hour Ayurveda Deconstructed with Carrie Janell
· 20-hour Pre Natal Yoga, Kids Yoga, Family Yoga
· Yoga Therapy Ball Sequencing and Innovation with Alex Ellis
· Unlimited yoga at Black Dog during the training session
· Opportunity for mentorship with Black Dog Yoga teachers
Black Dog Yoga’s teacher training offers a priceless opportunity for Level 1 graduates to gain practical experience teaching real classes on our weekly schedule!
For more information
Please email or call us at 818-380-0331.